Tuesday, September 28, 2010

24 hours

Sorry no pictures, I will try tomorrow when I have an adapter.  The one I packed is not working.


It was a LONG 24 hours of traveling.  I had braced myself with the thought that it would be long, but in reality it was LONGER than I thought - by a lot and at one point I do recall sleeping in the Madrid Airport on a mat with Jackson next to me.  The kids were playing on the indoor playground.  Why do the US not have these genius things...

The long and short.  We sat on the tarmac for over an hour trying to get out of Philly, Aly got sick on the plane as we were landing in Madrid.  Both girls only slept about 2 or 3 hours, and super Jackson - well lesson learned - he does not sleep on airplanes.....Just fantastic!

In Madrid we had a 4 hour layover, for our flight to Lanzarote.  We took turns resting and watching the girls.  They were pretty fried - it was 3 am our time and they were done.   We went to board the plane for Lanzarote and literally stood on the jet bridge for 45 minutes.  Apparently as Easy Jet let us know the pilot forgot he was supposed to be at work.

Needless to say we were ready for a bed when we arrived here.  Then we found out that the US had not sent our reservation to Spain.......FANTASTIC!!!!!!  So 2 plus hours on the phone with the US resort contact......solved! Don't worry we got an upgrade and did not pay for the additional nights that we are here! 

 I will post pics tomorrow....Aly and I just finished dancing at the Disco.....Aunt Tara would be proud....she will have a partner in Aruba!

No comments: