Sunday, March 24, 2013

The joys of 7

 
This weekend we celebrated in style...and man I was beat.  Aly wanted a cooking party...so we headed to Pizzeria Uno for a make your own pizza and ice cream sundae party.  Tons on fun and exhausting at the same time.  Our weekend was jammed packed.
 
 
 
The kids decorated aprons that I had personalized and they ate tons of candy


 
Sat night...we headed out to a local benefit for some friends that I have met in the triathlon community.  George and Derek are both doing IMLP and Dereks story is really incredible.  He had a heart transplant 2 years ago after chemo killed his heart....and I am so excited to train and race with this group this summer!
 
 
and it was fun to get dressed up and go out...and I lasted umm until 9  pm before we headed home and crashed.
 
Sunday...we did not get out of our pjs all day..it was glorious.. Everyone napped - except me because I needed to get on my bike..it was nice to have a down day after a crazy weekend.
 
This week starts Spring Break for the kids....and we head to Aruba on Sat...I am ready for some warmer weather as we are looking at 1 to 3 inches of snow tomorrow.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Aly's cake is adorable and YOU look fantastic all dressed up for a night out! Have a fantastic vacation in Aruba, soak up some sun for me! Tucson and the warm desert CANNOT come fast enough, I am over this chilly and damp March!

GoBigGreen said...

you look lovely! I am so glad you get some down time in Aruba:) you deserve it but of course i wish you were kicking butt up a moutain instead:(