Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where oh where did my 2 year old go.....

Today when Aly came home from school she had her Spring newsletter. We read the it together this afternoon while Brianna was asleep. Lo and behold, tomorrow is scarf day!

Scarf day???? So I told her to go into the closet and find a scarf to take to school tomorrow. Off she went, and promptly returned 2 minutes later saying none of the scarves were pink. Well, most of them belong to your mother and I despise pink. I explained that there were plenty and sometimes we can use other colors. She thought about it, briefly, and told me that pink matches her clothes.

We went to Target later to get the essentials for Aruba, and Aly found her scarf. She ran over to me and showed me this "beautiful silky scarf" how it was perfect for scarf day tomorrow. Needless to say, it made the trip home.

The kicker is, how she wanted to try it on tonight. So I wrapped it around her neck and told her it was really pretty. Her response, Mom you wear it on your head, don't you know that. Molly taught me.
It is not secret my fashion sense is limited to my overwhelming amount of stay at home mom yoga pants and old sweatshirts. Apparently I am failing preschool fashion too.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You did a great job tying that scarf! Hey, even with being in "work clothes" all day, I'd much prefer the ones you are wearing! Josh told us the other night as he was getting his pajamas on and got the shirt stuck on his head that this wasn't good for his "image"...

Anonymous said...

Aly- I like the pink scarf. You are such a cute model. Love- Your cousin- Joni in Iowa