Our weekend was JAMMED...so easier in bullet points..
- My superstar friend Caroline visited us on Saturday and I am convinced we have scared her from ever having children.... might be the numerous times Jackson took his clothes off, the 9 kids that were present for our "prerace dinner" and the choas that created, or Jackson climbing into bed with her at 3 am.
- Aly dressed up for our dinner and then read Princess Pigeralla...I am pretty sure she was in heaven with friends to entertain.
- It was awesome to catch up and connect again since I had not seen her since the Poconos race last fall. I missed camp this year, we were in Aruba,..so I was excited to hang out for a little while and she was GREAT about meeting our crew and seeing Jackson in action.
- Sunday we were both up and out the door early since we were heading to different races. I headed up to run a local half marathon. The weather was WARM...for May..not that I am complaining that much but I wished I wore shorts. The course was different..downhill for the first 5 miles and then back and another loop that was a bunch of rollers...and now I know I need to work on hills! I eekkked out a PR so that was nice and it is good to know where I am this spring. Post race fun with friends!
- Upon my arrival home...the crew was ready to hit Seseme Place..this was really not my idea of recovery but I am trying to work on the balance piece. The weather was beautiful and the kids were so EXCITED to go. It was opening weekend and not too crowded but we had a good time..I hobbled around for the better part of the afternoon and went on the least amount of rides as possible.
- Finally, I called it quits about 45 min before the park closed....I am pretty sure Ryan would have stayed until they kicked us out..but I was done done done.