Monday, October 28, 2013

Taking the LEAP!

(photo Audrey Ditzler)

This fall, I am taking a leap of faith and branching out.  In November, I am leaving Fleet Feet Sports and I am taking a position at Total Performance...and truthfully...I am SOOOO excited!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE group coaching.  This year we took over 150 athletes through a variety of programs from a 5k to a sprint triathlon to the marathon....and it was AWESOME.  Honestly, this is the best job in the world....creating opportunities for individuals to make a change in their life in positive way.  

This August...along with my Fleet Feet partner in crime...Heather..we started a social training group for a womens only race.  We thought we might get 20 or so people to run with us and we met socially...and the group grew and grew...and at the end of the day we had over 50 ladies run the race with us....it was so much fun...so the wheels started turning.

Total Performance was an integral part of my journey to Ironman.  I was there twice a week, I got to know Heather Moore, who owns it really well...because training for and Ironman she became my instant BFF.  We have done some joint program stuff for my groups at Fleet Feet and she is a wealth of information on recovery, treatment, and the athlete in general.   For a lot of reasons, it makes a ton of sense to grow group coaching out of a sports performance center and it is really exciting to be a part of this process.  

Fleet Feet has been my home for the past few years....and I have made some incredible friendships from the store and gained a wealth of information and guidance...but the truth is the apparel and shoes were just not my thing...I think it was not to long ago where I issued gift receipts to everyone that came in (HI JAHNNA)..The fork was in the road and I want to grow group running and triathlon programs exponentially next year.
(photo Audrey Ditzler)
The jump while scary is also very exciting.  We will have knowledgeable staff on injury and recovery, and a place with the largest variety of foam rollers....YES!  and truthfully it will allow me to completly focus on what I really LOVE and that is what is imporant. 






No comments: