Sunday, September 16, 2012

Apple Picking!

 This week we headed to the orchard to pick apples for the first time this season.  It is also the first outing where I was only sporting two kiddos.  Aly was a little sad about missing the apples but we will pick again with her.   Last year, I think we pick 20lbs or so and I think we had applesauce to last us until November...maybe.  So this year I am hoping to stash a good 10 bags of applesauce before the season is over.
 


 
We ended up with about 40 lbs..we made some apple bars and we have been eating lots of apples for snacks.  Sadly, this was what was left this morning...
 
 
Totaally random...but here is how Aly gets to the bus every morning!
 


1 comment:

Caroline said...

I love that Jackson drives Aly to the bus every morning - SO CUTE! Apple picking is, hands down, the best part of fall. FORTY POUNDS - that's awesome! I hope you made and stashed lots of applesauce! And apple pies?