Friday, April 13, 2012

Parent. Work. Train

Pretty much sums up the next few months.  Ryan is beginning a new job in two weeks that will have him commuting a much longer distance than center city.  While he is making the transition, he is going to live in NJ during the week and come home on the weekends.

HELLO single parenting....which actually for the most part, I do not mind.  The grocery bill will be lower, the ice cream will disappear from the house, and routine...there is a routine when daddy is away...yes!

I will miss the evening breaks that I am used to and the early am hours that I used to knock out at least one workout before he caught the train and the down time with the other half at night.

We thought initially we would move...the commute is a little over 1.5 hours each way.  As we looked into moving though, there were a lot of things that did not make sense.  We are picky in our house choices and we don't know if we are up for building again.  We can move 45 towards NJ and his commute will still be over an hour due to the train schedule.  So for now we are going to stay put....and see how it works out.

But being a mommy has its perks...Jackson is over the moon about what is going on in front of our house this week.  He sat enamored by all of the trucks!



Work is going well...my two little part time gigs give me enough down time to make coming home fun and keep me on my toes.  I work for two awesome women at Fleet Feet, who are moms, athletes, and understanding of having little children!  I have been helping Heather with the No Boundaries 5k program and it has been so much fun!  I am hopeful that I can manage the schedule once Ryan is out of town.

Any training...well, I came home pretty tired from Tucson.  It seems to be getting better but the red eye home and Ryan being gone this week has left me TIRED.  I am going to do a bike TT this weekend which I have never done.  Hopefully my legs will cooperate and we can ride in this awesome weather.

Last night Aly and Brianna were right in the mix as they set up a bike race course of their own!  That made bedtime easy peasy as we rode until it was dark.





1 comment:

Heather said...

Whats the second gig you have? My gosh girl you are amazing. I don't know how you juggle it all!